Monday 20 January 2014

My finished Guard so far. Part 1: Infantry squads




G'day everyone.

Today I have decided to post up the few pictures of my finished models thus far. These guys have gone through many changes and rebuilds over the years until they have reached this point. Some are fresh builds, others have been ripped apart and rebuilt.

I have tried to give each squad a particular "feel" determined by their battlefield role. These guys are from my 1st Platoon, I use them for storming objectives and moving rapidly up the board, so I have tried to give all the squads a real feel of movement.

Anyway onto the pictures:

This is 1st squad, of my 1st platoon, a few closeups showing the overall gritty feel I'm going for as well as there range of extra kit.

Assault trooper, Sergeant and signals officer
Extra kit, weapons and packs



Rear view of kit

Charging troopers




trooper, DMR trooper and SAW/L trooper
rear view of kit

Last member, scout with motion tracker unit.
He will be getting a dog as well when I get the parts

top view of motion tracker

Close up of SAW/L: Squad automatic weapon/laser
Close up of DMR trooper: designated marksman rifle




1st squad
Rear view of kit


 
2nd squad
extra kit
3rd squad

kit view


4th squad, no rear view for these guys, can't seem to find it


Wow, that was a few pictures, let me know if you would like any more angles or closeups of particular models. Hope you liked them, please leave any thoughts, comments, ideas etc you would like. Next up will be the heavy weapons teams and maybe some background fluff.

Cheers for stopping by.
Cuthbo

4 comments:

  1. Without doubt some of the most arresting Guard models I've seen in a while: here's to more, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Admiral. Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. These guys have taken a long and windig journey to get to this stage, but I am finally happy with them.

      Many more still to come, platoon HQ, 2x special weapons squads, a conscript unit and 3 heavy weapon teams.

      Thanks again for dropping by.
      Cheers, Cuthbo.

      Delete
  2. Really, really nice models. Love the dynamic poses, the extra kit, the scenic bases and the converted weapons. Ditto the good Admiral's comment - I thought I'd seen everything the regular Cadian plastics had to offer, but I was wrong. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colonel.
      The packs are greenstuff push molds of a 1:35 tamiya WW 2 pack. I wanted to give them a real gritty, vetran city fighting feel.
      As for the poses its just mainly chopping legs at the knees or shaving away parts of the waist to get a good pose.

      Thanks for the comments. New update either today or tomorrow. Cheers

      Delete